Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Product Highlight: New Calorie-Free Drink

I'm a health food product junkie so I'm always excited when I find something new.

I've recently discovered an interesting new calorie-free and sugar-free drink - Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Ginger Spice.

I was very curious what this would taste like since its only ingredients are pure distilled water, Bragg organic apple cider vinegar, organic ginger, & stevia extract. I took a sip, expecting it to have a strong vinegar flavor but instead was greeted by a drink that tastes like a healthy lemonade drink, thanks to the addition of the natural sweetener Stevia.

Let's take a brief look at some of the health benefits of its ingredients:
  • Apple Cider Vinegar - a 2004 study in Diabetes Care indicates it may have some impact on improving insulin sensitivity and help control blood sugar.
  • Ginger - well-known to help soothe upset stomachs and nausea. May also help digestion by stimulating saliva.
  • Stevia - South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. Zero calorie sweetener since the body does not metabolize it.

I found this drink at Whole Foods. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment