Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Beginnings

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
-Albert Camus

Welcome to my first official blog on nutrition and other food for thought.

First a brief introduction.

As is true with many people, I struggled with weight issues while growing up. My quest to become healthy as an adult sparked my passion in nutrition and my love of exercise – especially lifting weights. This newfound passion inspired me to return to school and change careers from federal government worker to registered dietitian. Now my goal is to use what I have learned to help others and teach my clients how nutrition can be used to look good, feel better, and perform at your best – whether at work or at play.

Check out my website to find out more about me and the nutrition services I offer:

http://www.dynamicnutritionservices.com/

I titled my blog new beginnings not only because it’s my first blog entry but also because it’s never too late for a new start. Two of the most common things I hear from clients are “I think I eat fairly healthy” and “I know what to do but I’m just not doing it.” Often people get stuck in a routine that prevents them from taking action. Changing your behavior in order to reach your goals requires 4 things or what I call an “I MAP”:

1. Information – With information overload, what is myth versus reality?
2. Motivation – What is keeping me from achieving my goals?
3. Application – How does this info apply to my individual life?
4. Practice – What habits do I need to work on to achieve a healthy life?

If you’re feeling stuck, are ready to make a change, but are not sure how, I’m here to help. Let me help guide you with valid information as we work together to create your “MAP” to get you moving in the direction you want to go. Will this autumn be your second spring for a new beginning? It’s up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment