Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Product Highlight: NuttZo

People collect different things. When I was a child I used to collect stuffed animals. I had every kind of animal - from elephants to dogs to tigers. They covered the top of my bed and in order to actually get in the bed, I developed a hierarchy of importance. The less favored animals were transferred to the foot of my bed and gently covered with my comforter. Those with higher status were aligned in two rows in my bed on either side of me while I slept, rim-rod straight like a wooden soldier, sandwiched in-between.

Fast forward to today. I still collect things but as a nutritionist and health foodie, I have a collection of nut butters in my cupboard. I have all natural peanut butter, raw almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower seed butter to name my current assortment. I saw sprouted walnut butter in the health food store this weekend and barely had enough self-control to wait until my next trip to get it.

I love switching out my nut butters because I get a variety of tastes and nutrients. While I haven't exactly created a hierachy of nut butters like I did with my stuffed animals, now I don't have to since I've recently added a new nut butter to my collection - an organic product called NuttZo.

NuttZo is a nut butter that contains every type of nut and seed imaginable: Organic Valencia Peanuts, Organic Cashews, Organic Almonds, Organic Brazilian Nuts, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Flax Seeds, and Organic Hazelnuts.
Allergic to peanuts? NuttZo also has a peanut free version with the added bonus of Chia Seeds. Remember those great commercials with Chia Pets sprouting grassy hair instantly. Yes these are the same seeds used in the nut butter. What you might not have heard is that Chia seeds were an Aztec Superfood and are the best-known source of heart healthy, plant-based Omega 3s ALA fatty acids.

NuttZo has a great crunchy taste with large pieces of hazelnuts to give it a hint of sweetness without sugar. While I haven't see it in stores yet in the DC Metro area, you can order NuttZo online.

No comments:

Post a Comment