Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Product Spotlight & Smoothie Recipe

Today I thought I would highlight one of my favorite products: Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk.

Almond Breeze is a non-dairy beverage made from real almonds. I really like this beverage for several reasons:
  • It's a great alternative to milk if you're lactose intolerant.
  • With no saturated or trans fat and only 40 calories for an 8 ounce serving, it's a smart choice for folks focused on weight management.
  • It's high in calcium and Vitamin D for strong bones.
  • It's also a good source of the antioxidants Vitamin A and E.
  • The unsweetened version has low glycemic index so that means you get a smaller rise in blood sugar levels after meals.

I love cook my oatmeal with it for an extra calcium boost. I also love to make smoothies with it.

Here's a quick and easy recipe for a refreshing and low calorie smoothie:

1-1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Breeze

1 Scoop of Your Favorite Vanilla Protein Powder

1 Cup Frozen Fruit such as DOLE Wildly Nutritious Immunity Blend - Tropical Fruit

Blend ingredients together and enjoy. The entire smoothie is only about 220-240 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment